We are delighted to announce the recipients of a new British Council Film, Archive and Music Fund:
- Jessica Curry – Dear Esther live film score
- Lisa Meyer / Capsule – Supersonic commission with artist Conny Prantera
- Jeremy Mayall / Len Lye Centre (New Zealand) – Piano Nocturnes
- Duy Linh / Ho Chi Minh Conservatoire (Vietnam) – Film and music workshops
- The Wknd and Bayu Collective (Malaysia) – Translating Archives
The Film, Archive and Music Fund is part of a British Council programme to support development and showcasing opportunities for film, music and audio-visual projects internationally. The fund aims to stimulate new collaborative work and artistic connections between UK and international creative practitioners.
The recipients responded to a global call inviting musicians, film makers and producers to apply for small grants to help them realise a film and music project. This opportunity follows on from last year’s Film, Archive and Music Lab Week – in partnership with PRS For Music Foundation, British Film Institute (BFI) and HOME, Manchester – where the British Council invited 16 musicians, programmers and film makers from the UK and East Asia to take part in a series of master-classes and networking events designed to encourage future collaborations between the worlds of music and film. Find out more about our Film, Archive and Music Lab Week here.
“We’re absolutely delighted to announce support for a brilliant range of projects as part of a Film and Music programme. These projects will help develop international opportunities, connections and collaboration for UK and international artists and producers.”
– Joel Mills, Senior Programme Manager, Music
Follow us on Twitter @BritishMusic_ for more information on how you can get tickets for the public performances later in the year.