We have chosen the six students who will take part in the British Council's SRA Selector initiative, along with our partners Folded Wing and the SRA. The standard of entries for this, the second year of the SRA Selector project has once again been incredibly high. We’d like to say a huge thank you to all the brilliant entrants, we wish we could have chosen you all! But unfortunately this wasn't possible. After much deliberation, the 6 best entrants that we've chosen are:
- Ross Buchanan from Smoke Radio, University of Westminster
- Alex Light from University Radio York
- Danielle Wickham from Xpress Radio, Cardiff
- Jaguar Bingham from Leeds Student Radio
- Jack Claramunt from CSR FM, Canterbury Christchurch University
- Beverley Lung from University Radio Bath (formerly 1449AM URB).
All six students will be attending a very special 2 day production and presenting training session at Folded Wing's studios in London in November, before they start broadcasting their individual SRA Selector shows.
We can't wait to meet them all and we're really excited to hear what they'll do with all the amazing Selector content on their student stations.
This year, we're also asking each student to put on a special SRA Selector event at their University, featuring a performance from a new UK artist, so this is also really exciting. We're really looking forward to working with all the students on this, and helping to put on some great events for students around the UK!