October, 2015 / October, 2015
We are delighted to announce that for the third year running, we are teaming up with the Student Radio Association (SRA), and our production partner Folded Wing, to run the SRA Selector initiative.
This is an opportunity for six exceptional UK students to present their own version of The Selector on their student radio station, with the winner spending a week at one of The Selector's sister radio stations around the world.
Our two previous winners of the initiative - Jack Saunders of Fly FM at Nottingham Trent University and Ross Buchanan of Smoke Radio at Westminster University – both now have their own shows on the recently launched Radio X, alongside the likes of Chris Moyles and Johnny Vaughan, so this is a unique opportunity for those looking to achieve their goal of working in the radio industry.
As part of the initiative, six student presenters from six student radio stations around the UK will be given the opportunity to produce and present their own version of The Selector from January 2016 - April 2016.
Each of the six chosen students will:
- Be given a special Kit version of The Selector containing all the individual parts of the show (songs, jingles, sessions, interviews, plus a script). This will enable them to produce and present their own bespoke version of The Selector for their student radio station, being as creative as they wish with all the award winning Selector content
- Receive an in-depth 2 day radio production and presenting training session on 26th & 27th November here at Folded Wing
- Interview (and be interviewed by) The Selector’s presenter Goldierocks for a special SRA feature to be broadcast on The Selector
- Have the opportunity to become a regular content provider for The Selector
- Not only have our previous two winners gone on to achieve wonderful things, Jack and Ross both travelled to Mexico to spend a week at The Selector’s sister station in Mexico City, Ibero 90.9 FM as their prize for winning the initiative.
So if you're thinking of applying, what are you waiting for?!
>> To apply to be one of this year’s six SRA Selector presenters, download the application form here.
Please return the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Multiple individuals can apply from the same student station but only one person per station can be selected. Deadline for entering is Monday, 26th October.
The six chosen presenters will be announced at the Student Radio Awards at the O2 in London on Thursday, 5th November.
On behalf of everyone at the British Council, Folded Wing and the Student Radio Association, we wish you the very best of luck!