British Council Transform is an arts and creativity programme over four years, aiming to develop the artistic dialogue between the UK and Brazil for mutual benefit and long term impact. Transform enables artists and professionals from the arts sector in both countries to share experiences and collaborate to bring about significant creative and social change for institutions, individuals and communities.
Orchestra Leadership Programme
Share this page
Transform has five curatorial aims:
1. Transform the creative aspirations and life opportunities of marginalised or periphery communities through inspiring methods of cultural engagement.
2. Transform and strengthen the practice of young and merging artists from both countries through sustained collaboration around themes of sustainability, conflict, diversity and power.
3. Transform limiting or negative attitudes towards disability through a programme of outstanding commissions, presentations and forums.
4. Transform institutional partnerships through mutual learning, mutual capacity building and major shared programmes. To transform methods of cultural distribution by institutions to regional and rural areas
5. Transform and strengthen dialogue and exchange between creative entrepreneurs in the fields of fashion, music, publishing, gaming, design and architecture, resulting in new global projects.