Micachu is the kind of musician who is hard to define: classically trained from the age of four, having a fully-fledged indie career with her band the Shapes (Rough Trade); composing pieces with the London Sinfonietta – based on psychedelic, slow-mo Southern US hip hop; remixer and mix-taper; with a number of different musical aliases – her work is much richer for all these influences.
Micachu will spend time in Hanoi, Vietnam from 9 - 15 April 2014 and this will be her first visit to Vietnam, where she will appear at Hanoi Sound Stuff, the country’s leading electronic and experimental music festival, where she will also lead workshops for local musicians and collaborate with local musicians to create a piece which will be performed at the festival and which will then form part of her performance at Vietnam’s leading cultural festival in Hue.
"I'm really looking forward to my visit to Hanoi & Hue - I'm not sure what to anticipate but I hope to have some successful collaborations and to get to know some of the music and people happening there". - Micachu, 2014
Over the last year or so Micachu has been involved with many various projects, including
- Curating part of the Spitalfields Music Festival;
- Curating a weekend at David Lynch's club 'Silencio' in Paris;
- Has been collaborating on a mixtape with Kwes (Warp Records);
- Has been working with Pete Wareham of Acoustic Ladyland on an amen break project;
- Wrote two pieces for the harmonic series at Southbank Centre.
- Composed the music for 'Under The Skin', a new film by Jonathan Glazer.
Under The Skin Trailer - Original Score by Micachu
Listen to our 'Micachu in Vietnam' Spotify Playlist below for a taster of Micachu's work