We’re passionate about Learning and Participation. People of all ages from across the North West take the lead in projects as equals alongside professional artists to create their own inspiring new pieces. Our projects:
· Are based in participant lead creativity
· Work across the arts with music at the centre of activity
· Use music in all its forms as a tool for learning
· Enable personal and social development, greater sense of self-esteem and resilience in people of all ages
· Raise aspirations and attainment
· Are accessible and inclusive; anyone can play a full part in a project regardless of age, ability, knowledge or experience.
Children and Young People in their School: With all Key Stages taking a cross-curricular approach, using music as creative learning tool.
"These projects provide a level of experience which develops subsequent learning more deeply and quickly than is otherwise possible." - Jeremy Jackson, Head, Webster Primary School
Health and Wellbeing: Projects are research led and aim to develop a greater quality of life for participants and a greater understanding about the benefits for creative cultural interventions.
"My son made a friend for the first time."- Parent, Songlines Project
Youth Programme and Youth Forum: Young people from Greater Manchester take the lead in projects, guiding and developing the orchestra’s youth engagement fusing their non-classical backgrounds with the orchestra.
Early Years and Families: Engages pre-school children and family groups linked to EYFS.